The TikTok app is a powerful social media platform that allows brands to promote their products and services creatively and engagingly using TikTok promotion. With its short videos, users can quickly and easily learn about new brands and products.
Additionally, TikTok’s interactive features allow users to share their experiences with brands, providing valuable feedback that can help businesses improve their marketing strategies. As a result, many brands are turning to TikTok to promote their business, and for a good reason.
According to TikTok, data shows TikTok users are twice as likely as users on other platforms to recommend a product or service they’ve discovered on TikTok.
Brands are flocking to TikTok to promote their business because it’s a great way to reach a new and engaged audience. With over one billion active users, TikTok provides a unique opportunity for brands to connect with potential customers in an informal and engaging setting.
If you’re not familiar with it yet, don’t worry – this guide will teach you everything you need to know about using TikTok promotion to increase your brand’s reach.
This article covers how you can use the ‘promote’ tool on TikTok and tips that’ll help you make good video ads that don’t get rejected. So read on – and get ready to start promoting.
What is TikTok Promotion?
The “promote” feature on TikTok allows users to achieve many by turning their videos into TikTok ads. When a user promotes a video, it will appear higher up in the app’s search results and be more likely to be seen by other TikTok accounts.
This can help videos gain more exposure and reach a wider audience by honing in on their audience of choice. Promoting can also help you build brand awareness by linking videos to your site for more website visits.
Whatever your goal is, using TikTok’s advertising tool allows people to attract more TikTok followers, video views, engagement, and potentially, more customers for their brand.
Promoted videos can be identified with a “promoted” badge on the video, and they may also appear in the featured section of the home page or in sponsored posts along with other popular videos. Promoting content is an effective way to reach more prospects who may also share your TikTok videos.
It’s important to note that promotion does not guarantee success in the social network app – it simply boosts your TikTok presence. You should still create videos that are high quality and can capture users’ attention if you want to be successful on TikTok!
How Much Do TikTok Promotions Cost?
Because of TikTok’s accessible cost for promotions, it has quickly become the most popular tool in “Creator Tools” among users who want more followers. And businesses are now looking for ways to promote on the platform.
The cost of TikTok promotion varies depending on what type of campaign you want to run. For starters, the cost of promoting on TikTok starts at a minimum of $3 to a maximum of $1000 per day. As an estimate, users are also informed that for every $10 of promotion, up to 1000 users can be reached.
Here’s an important detail to note, when you target a specific audience on TikTok, you might not reach as many people as you would by targeting a broader audience. However, the people who do see your content are more likely to show interest because they meet your set descriptions.
This means that your videos will have a better chance of getting likes, shares, and comments from people who care about what you’re posting by being specific about who you want to target with your promotion.
How to Promote Your TikTok Videos in 9 Simple Steps
If you’ve made a video and want to promote it on TikTok, you’re in luck. There are a few ways to do it, and we’ll walk you through them.
Keep in mind that the more creative your approach is, the better your chances of getting people to watch your video. So let’s get started!
1. Open TikTok and tap your profile.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen to open the menu
3. Tap “Creator tools” then tap Promote.
4. Select the video that you want to promote.
Take note, that only public videos can be promoted.
5. Next, choose the goal for promoting your video.
When choosing a goal, you have three options: “more video views” to gain exposure for your account, “more website visits” to drive more traffic to your site, and “more followers” to gain followers for your TikTok account.
6. After choosing your goal, you need to set up the audience you want to reach.
If you want to allow TikTok to choose your audience for you, tap the ‘Automatic’ option.
For a custom audience, you can choose what sex, age, and interests you want to target with your promotion.
7. Set your budget per day for the promotion.
8. Next, add your payment information.
9. After that, just click “Promote” to start promoting your video.
Tips When Using The TikTok Promote Tool
If you’re using TikTok to promote your brand or product, you’ll want to make sure you’re doing it the right way. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your efforts.
- Use creative and interesting content to promote your public videos. The more creative you are, the more likely people are to watch your video.
- Make sure your TikTok profile is set up properly. This will help ensure that your video leads people to an account that’s well-optimized for business.
- Post a teaser or trailer for your video before promoting it. This will give people a taste of what they’re about to see and make them more likely to watch the full video.
- Promote your video on other social media platforms as well. This will help get it in front of even more people and drive traffic to your account more effectively.
- Use relevant hashtags when promoting your video. This will help your target audience to find your content more easily and increase its reach.
- Be patient! It may take a little while for your video to start gaining traction, but if you keep at it, you’ll eventually see results.
How Can You Level Up Your TikToks Before Promoting?
Have you been making TikToks but aren’t sure how to level up your content before promoting them? You can do so, and you don’t really have to go far.
In this section, we will discuss the most basic tools that will help you take your TikTok marketing skills to the next level! What’s even better, most of them are within the app.
Video editing software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
Video editing can help to stabilize shots, smooth transitions, and add effects that can make a TikTok video more engaging. By adding text or graphics, you can also create a more polished final product.
To edit your TikToks to its best, try:
- Following how other viral TikToks are edited to stray in trend
- Learn from YouTube how to use basic editing tools like what’s built-in in the app or Adobe and Final Cut Pro
- Work with a video editor
Music and sound effects library
The sound library on TikTok can help enhance your videos by providing a wide range of sounds to choose from. This can help you match the sound to the mood or tone of your video. Additionally, the sound library can help create a more professional feel for your videos.
To maximize TikTok’s sound library:
- Keep track of the sounds that other TikTok influencers use on your For You page
- Use sounds that are on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
- You have to use sounds from the Commercial Sounds library if you’re a brand account
- Ensure that you secure permission from sound owners/artists if copyrighted music is your top choice
Special effects filters and overlays
Filters and overlays can help add a creative touch to your TikTok video and make it more visually appealing. They can also be used to convey a message or mood. For example, a filter that makes your video look like a vintage film can give it a nostalgic feel. At the same time, a colorful overlay can add excitement.
Have fun using effects and filters by:
- Doing skits and matching the effects/filters to your characters
- Creating your own branded filters
- Use effects and filters that are trendy or are being used by many
Textures and backgrounds
One great way to use backgrounds in your videos is to add some visual interest and help to set the mood. You can choose a background that matches the theme of your video or one that simply looks cool. Additionally, if you have a green screen, you can use it to create exciting effects.
Make the best out of your backgrounds by:
- Invest in a green screen or a simple flat green background as an alternative
- Matching your background to the purpose or goal of your video
Can Your TikTok Promotion Get Rejected?
The answer—is yes! Your promoted videos on TikTok can get rejected.
TikTok has a number of metrics that it uses to determine whether or not to promote content. To ensure your TikTok promotion doesn’t get rejected, your video:
- Must be set to public.
- Should contain appropriate content.
- Must be free of copyright violations.
- Must not use trademarked music.
- Should not contain errors in grammar that make the content’s description illegible.
- Should lead to a link, a website, or a landing page that works.
- Must adhere to TikTok’s guidelines and standards.
If your content doesn’t meet one or more of these requirements, then it may be rejected by TikTok. In addition, if your post is found to violate any of its policies, it could result in suspension or removal from the platform.
That said, there are some steps you can take to ensure that your promotion efforts don’t get rejected on TikTok.
For starters, make sure that you thoroughly read through and understand the social media app’s Community Guidelines and Safety Center before making any posts. It’s also important to always double-check your content to make sure it meets all of the requirements.
How to Spot If A TikTok Is A Promoted Video
There are a few things to look for when determining whether a Tiktok is a paid promotion or not. One is the use of hashtags – if a post has a ton of hashtags, it’s more likely that the account promoting the content is paying for it to be seen by more people.
Additionally, promoted content will often have a “Sponsored” or “Promoted” label somewhere in the video or be marked as an ad in another way.
Have you been making TikToks but aren’t sure how to level up your content before promoting them? Here, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about promoting on TikTok.
You can use TikTok promotion to reach a more significant number of people who might be interested in your content. However, it’s essential to understand what TikTok promotion is and how much it costs before you start.
You can also follow some simple steps to promote your videos effectively. There are many ways to level up your TikTok account before promoting it, so be sure to take advantage of all the options available to you! Thanks for reading, and good luck with your promotions!
I’m the founder of Grow Predictably, a company that helps businesses make an impact. We work with you to create a marketing strategy tailored for your needs and goals. We help businesses grow and make an impact by providing services that drive predictable, profitable growth.
Making an impact is what drives me. I founded my company on the belief that successful businesses should make an impact. And we’ve been helping businesses do just that for years now. It’s why we exist – to help businesses reach more people and change more lives for the better.